Mbarara University Engineering Students’ Association (MUESA) is the Engineering Students umbrella body at the Faculty of Applied Sciences and Technology (FAST), which promotes social, community, and professional activities in order to enrich the Students’ Academic and Campus Life and have impact on the Community in which we live in.
MUESA is also dedicated to spreading awareness of issues regarding Research and Innovation in the Engineering Profession. This Association was created in order to provide a forum for students, alumni, and faculty at FAST to collaborate and network with one another in an environment outside class.
To impact the society greatly by promoting the application of engineering knowledge and skills to meet the ever changing needs of the society through promoting research and innovation among students and to prepare students to practice their profession competently through creating strong partnerships with local and global organizations that will enable students to learn more about their profession outside the class environment.
A pre-eminent student body that will strive to provide solutions to global and local challenges through research and innovation, where students develop skills necessary for professional engineering practice.
We tell the truth, behave ethically and do what we say we will do.
We recognize that the solutions to the world’s problems lie in creative minds which are a source of great new ideas.
We actively seek knowledge and base our decisions on it.
We strive for the highest possible standards in everything we do.
We respect and support our colleagues.
MUESA Membership is divided into three (3) major categories:
- Student membership (mandatory for all students at FAST),
- Cooperate membership (open to all well-wishers and partners of MUESA)
- Honorary membership (nominations done by MUESA executive board).
The constitution is the supreme law governing the association (MUESA) but it is subject to the law of the University and the Republic of Uganda.
Find the MUESA constitution at the link below: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KHQzYXJbyAUGqdhRrF-QDf2dhlICPdrt
- Uganda Institute of Professional Engineers (UIPE)
- John Hopkins University (JHU)
- Makerere University (Mak.)
- Society for Petroleum Engineers (SPE)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Uganda National Association for Medical and Hospital Engineering (UNAMHE)
- Mbarara University Medical Students’ Association (MUMSA),
- Consortium for Affordable Medical Technologies (CAMTech),
All association related payments are made through Centenary Bank Account number: 3202003566, Account name: Mbarara University Engineering Students’ Association.