NAME: BULONDO FREDRICK
Biomedical Engineering Department
Faculty of Applied Science and Technology
Mbarara University of Science and Technology
|PERIOD OF STUDY||SCHOOL||QUALIFICATION|
|2013- 2017||Makerere University||BSc. IN BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING|
|2007-2010||ST. Lawrence ss sonde, Namugongo||U.C.E|
|2018 up to date||MBARARA UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY||University
(Biomedical Engineering Department)
Student mentorship skills
Effective communication skills
Research and proposal writing skills
N’gaali group (Biomedical engineering)
|volunteer||· Team Monitoring and Evaluation
· Scientific proposal writing
· Hospital Engineering consultative work
· Training biomedical technicians
|2017||Nairobi Enterprise Limited (NEL)||Company Biomedical Engineer||· Marketing and sales of medical equipment
· Installation of medical equipment
· Servicing and repair of medical equipment
· Procurement and deliver of medical equipment
|2017||Engineering World Health (EWH) summer sch. Program||Volunteer||· Global health engagement
· Team Project management and Implementation
· Hospital outreach programs
|2017||China-Uganda Friendship Hospital (CUFH)||Volunteer (Biomedical technician)||· Hospital equipment management
· Repair and maintenance of hospital equipment
· Planned and preventive maintenance of medical equipment
· Technical report writing
|2016||Lubaga Hospital||Biomedical technical training||· Workshop management
· Hospital equipment management
· Medical equipment inspection
· Medical equipment installation
· Planning and procurement process
· Hospital inventory and Data entry
|2015||BIOMED SYSTEMs LTD||Internship Trainee||· Repair of medical equipment
· Servicing and maintenance of medical equipment
· Inventory management
· Medical gas system installation
· Job card execution
|2015||Uganda Industrial Research Institute (UIRI)||Industrial Trainee||· Circuit board building
· Embedded system design
· Computer programming
· Project development
|2012-2015||Kabuye Mary (Retail shop)
|sales person||· Customer care skills
· Entrepreneur skills
· Communication skills
CAREER DEVELOPMENT GOALS
Short-term Goals (within six months to one year):
- Get admitted for a master’s scholarship program in Biomedical engineering
- Develop skills in research especially proposal writing in the biomedical engineering field.
- Embark on developing several research topics of interest and have written at least 5 proposals for both fundable scientific research topics as well as publishable research topics.
Mid-Term Goals (next 1-2years):
- Studying or having completed a MSc Biomedical Engineering program.
- Participating in at least 1 on-going research preferably in the medical field.
- Excelling in my current teaching job at MUST with extension of my contract
- Training and working closely with a biomedical engineering consultants, companies, facilities or organizations.
- Training and working as a research assistant while studying the master’s degree
- Professional registration membership with Uganda Institute for Professional Engineers (UIPE)
Long-Term Goals (within 5-6 years):
- Be Lecturer of biomedical engineering at Mbarara University of Science and Technology
- Having started my PhD degree in my professional field
- Have contributed to at least 3 published scientific research papers.
- Owning or co-owning a biomedical engineering firm or company.
- Professional registration membership with Engineering Registration Board (ERB
How might I get there?
How to prepare myself to achieve my Career Development Goals.
- Continually searching master’s scholarship opportunities preferably those that partner with MUST as well as research internships
- Being very involved in the on-going research proposals especially those at MUST
- Excelling in the teaching program at MUST for promotions and better opportunities.
- Reach out to strategic people and build my professional network that will guide, influence and direct me towards accomplishing my Career Development Plans.
- Be open minded and a have a willingness to learn and explore all windows of opportunity that will lead me to attain my desired goal both local and international health organisations.
How will I know I have been successful?
- Keeping track and evaluating progress of my projected goals every so often an re-evaluating my goals and adjusting them accordingly
- Re – strategizing where necessary and being open to possibility of new paths that would lead me to attain my goals
- Identifying barriers along the way and getting solutions
FOR GOD AND MY COUNTRY