Mr. Vincent is currently pursuing his PhD in Computing at MUST and holds a Master of Engineering in Electronics and Communications Engineering from GTU, India, and also a Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Telecommunications Engineering from Kyambogo University, Uganda.
Mr. Vincent’s research Interests are in Biomedical Imaging, Control Systems, Embedded Systems and Real Time Systems
Lecturer / Head of Department, Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Mr. Vincent’s research interests are in areas of Medical Imaging, Control Systems, Embedded Systems and Electronics
- Vicent Rutagangibwa1, EtherCAT Technology for Reliable Industrial Communication Networks — IJSRD (International Journal for Scientific Research & Development).
- Vicent Rutagangibwa1, Babu Krishnamurthy2, Implementation of Real Time Systems on FreeRTOS Platform for Industrial Automation Applications — IJSRD (International Journal for Scientific Research & Development).
- Vicent Rutagangibwa1, Babu Krishnamurthy A Survey on the Implementation of Real Time Systems for Industrial Automation Applications — IJIRST (International Journal for Innovative Research in Science and Technology)
- PhD Student – MUST
- M.Eng. EC (Masters of Engineering in Electronics and Communications Engineering) — GTU, India – 2015
- B.Eng. TE (Bachelor of Engineering in Telecommunications Engineering) — Kyambago University, Uganda – 2011
- CCNA(R/S) (Cisco Certified Network Associate (Routing & Switching))
- RHCE(Red Hat Certified Engineer) & RHCSA (Red Hat Certified System Administrator)
Since joining MUST, Vicent has contributed among other things the following;
- Emphasizing practicals in core engineering courses to bridge the gap between theory and practicals.
- Establishing industrial links for Students industrial training placements These include among others; Uganda Industrial Research Institute (UIRI), ESKOM Uganda Ltd, UCC, CAA, American International Health alliance, etc.
Mr. Vicent is an active member of Medical Imaging research group in the department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
Mr. Vincent has taught among others the following courses since joining MUST;
- Basic Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics Instrumentation
- Circuit Theory
- Control Systems
- Digital Signal Processing
- UNIX Shell Programming
- Network Programming
- Embedded Systems
Research Projects Undertaken
- Implementation of Real Time Systems for Industrial Automation Application on FreeRTOS Platform (M.Eng Research at GTU – India 2015)
- MPLS Traffic Engineering System for Efficient Routing of Data Packets (Final Year Project KYU Uganda – 2010)
- Data Logging System for Monitoring Voltage Variations (3rd year group project KYU Uganda – 2009)
Research Projects Supervised
- GSM based alcohol detection and control system (2013)
- Mobile application to advertise ICT experts (2013)
- Mobile based Notice board application for MUST (2013)
- Electro – Mathematical Calculator (2011)
- Cell phone: +256 752 951706
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org