Assistant Lecturer ,Electrical and Electronics Department.
- Faculty Coordinator E-Learning and Library Services
- Department Coordinator Industrial Training and Field Visits
- Department Coordinator Orientation, Personal Tutor Program and Outreach
- Master’s Degree in Technology Innovation and Industrial Development from Makerere University,
- Bachelor of Engineering in Telecommunication Engineering from Kyambogo University,
- Ordinary Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from Kyambogo University.
- Oak Seed Executive Leadership Course with Institute of National Transformation (INT), Uganda
- Part of a team that won a grant under Academic Without Borders to enhance professional skills among engineering students during internship (September 2021- August 2022)
- Co-founder Tatu Nurse (www.tatunurse.org). Tatu Nurse is a digital vital signs platform that supports nurses in low resource settings in their work so they can save more lives (August 2019)
- Vice-Chair Women in Engineering IEEE . Focused on mentorship so as to increase the number of females that study and finish STEM related courses through organizing boot camps, career talks, setting up laboratories and libraries in tertiary institutions, primary and secondary schools (2015-2021)
- I championed the establishment of the Student Branch IEEE at Mbarara University of Science and Technology in July 2019. This branch aims at engaging students with leadership skills among others in preparation for engineering practice.
- Co-founder, Association of Christian Technologists and Engineers (ACTE). This association was formed after graduating from the Institute of National Transformation (INT) as my life project that focuses on raising ethical engineers in practice. We hold quarterly webinars to discuss the challenges and opportunities in the engineering profession (June 2018)
- Engineering Education (Pedagogy practices)
- Engineering Ethics Education
- Use of communication technologies in health, education and business sectors
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (IEEE); (January 2015- Date) https://www.ieee.org/) https://www.ieee.org/
- IEEE Women in Engineering (WIE); (March 2015- Date)
- Engineering Education Research in Africa ( January 2021- Date)
- Association of Christian Technologists and Engineers (ACTE); (June 2018-Date)
I am open to collaboration in Engineering Education projects and to partnerships in non-profit organizations using technology for social good.
Course Units Taught
Systems Engineering, Technical Report writing, Electronic Communication Systems, Computer Networks and Data Communication and Research Methods.
Projects Undertaken and Supervised Include;
- An Automatic Disinfectant Robot (2021)
- Improving the current Intelligent Single Phase Energy Metering System (2021)
- Design of an Intelligent Single Phase Energy Metering System (2019/2020)
- PH Detecting and Analyzing System (2017/2018)
- Internal Bleeding Detector (2016/2017)
- Design of an Antenatal Healthcare System integrated with mobile technology towards improving Service Delivery (2016/2017)
- A Digital Transformer Fault Detection System with SMS Notification (2016/2017)
- Design and Implementation of an Automatic Traffic Light Control System for Emergency Vehicles (2011/2012)
- Design and Construction of an Automatic Temperature Control System for Mbarara University Microbiology Laboratory (2011/2012)
- Design of a Microprocessor Based Automatic Door Opener (2011/2012)
- Design of an Online Internet Application System for Broadband Customers of Uganda Telecom (2010/2011)