Ivan Muhumuza is a Biomedical Engineer by Profession and a Senior Biomedical Laboratory Technician in the Faculty of Applied Sciences and Technology. He is very passionate about Frugal innovation with a focus on Technology and development healthcare solutions for low- and Middle-income countries. He is also currently involved various research projects most notably, the development of infant size low field magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) system, which is suitable for applications in low resource countries for diagnosis of some ailments such as hydrocephalus.
- Biomedical Workshop Practice
- Medical Imaging – Magnetic Resonance Imaging systems
- Healthcare technology Management
- Oxygen therapy equipment and supply systems
- Artificial Intelligence and machine learning
- BSc. Biomedical Engineering (Makerere University, 2018)
- SEER research project funding of US$2,875 for for a research project titled “Designing a Medium Pressure Oxygen supply system” that won a – September 2021 to August 2022.
- NIISP Grant for Smart MedTech Management System (SMMS) project worth $28,169 – 2018
- NIISP Grant for the Photokabada Project worth $10,704 – 2018
- CAMTech CAP grant for Photokabada Project worth $7000 – 2018