Teaches in the department of Civil and Building Services Engineering and carries out transport related research.
MSc (Eng) Transport Planning and Engineering, University of Leeds
BEng (Hons) Civil and Building Engineering, Kyambogo University
- Choice Modelling as applied to Transport
- Travel behaviour Analysis
- Transport Policy Modelling
- Car Ownership behaviour Modelling
- Alongu, L. A. and Kyakula, M. 2016. The Effect of Wind Driven Rain Action on Buildings. International Research Journal on Engineering .3(1), pp. 1-7.
- Alongu, L. A., Choudhury, C.F. and Hanaoka, S. Forthcoming. Temporal Transferability of Car Ownership, Trip Generation and Tour Patterns in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Temporal Transferability of Car Ownership, Trip Generation and Tour Patterns in Nairobi, Kenya, International Choice Modelling Conference (ICMC), Kobe Japan, 19-21 August, 2019.
Awards and Prizes
- Commonwealth Scholarship; Commonwealth Scholarship Commission for PhD Studies, U.K.
- The Derek Pearson Prize; Institute for Transport Studies, University of Leeds, U.K.
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarship; Commonwealth Scholarship Commission and University of Leeds for Masters studies, U.K.
- Distinguished Service Award; Civil & Building Engineering Students’ Association, Kyambogo University, Uganda.
- Government of Uganda Scholarship for Undergraduate Studies, Uganda.
Peer Reviewer Assignments
Journal Paper reviews for the Traveler Behavior and Values (AEP30) committee of the Transportation Research Board (TRB), National Academies of Science, Engineering and Medicine (NASEM),U.S. 2021 – Present [2 Articles reviewed]