Patrick Kabanda was born and raised in Uganda and holds a bachelor of science (B.Sc.) degree in Electrical Engineering (First class honors) of Makerere University and a master of science (M.Sc.) degree in oil and natural gas engineering (Distinction) of China University of Petroleum (East China). He has both field and theoretical working experience in air conditioning and refrigeration, steam-turbine co-generation systems, maintenance of electrical equipment (i.e., motors and transformers), domestic and overhead electrical energy (240V, 415V and 11kV), scheduled maintenance of diesel generators (Perkins), monitoring and attending to generator operation, as well as automated process control systems.
- 2014–2017: M.Sc. in Oil and Gas Engineering, China University of Petroleum, Graduating with distinction.
- 2008–2012: B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering, Makerere University, Graduating with first class honors.
Efficient oil and gas drilling technologies, transport processes in oil and gas wells, numerical simulation and computational fluid dynamics, fluid dynamics for oil and gas wells, mathematical modeling, process control and electrical energy systems, as well as business decision support through use of descriptive, diagnostic and predictive analytics.
- Ssemakalu, S.T., Edimu, M., Serugunda, J. and Kabanda, P. (2018) Network Reliability Analysis as a Tool to Guide Investment Decisions in Distributed Generation. Journal of Power and Energy Engineering, 6, 64-84. https://doi.org/10.4236/jpee.2018.69008.
- P. Kabanda and M. b. Wang (2017): Numerical Simulation of Barite Sag in Pipe and Annular flow, Advances in Numerical Analysis, https://doi.org/10.1155/2017/2672438
- Society of Petroleum Engineers, SPE
- Excel Skills for Business – Macquire University
- Research and Proposal Writing in the Sciences – AuthorAID, INASP
- Team member of a research team for a research project titled “Designing Environmentally Friendly Drilling Fluids for the Ugandan Oil Industry” that won a SEER research project funding of US$2,875 – September 2021 to August 2022.
- Drilling Engineering
- Transport Processes in Petroleum Production
- Petroleum Economics and Management
- Integrated Asset Development