Silagi Wanambwa is a diligent, competent and versatile engineering professional with comprehensive knowledge in handling technical engineering projects that can provide solutions to real-life industry challenges. He specializes in geochemistry and geomechanics and their application in carbon capture, utilization and storage (CCUS). He previously worked with Vivo Energy Uganda in the supply and distribution department and has been involved in different research projects. He has a good understanding of health, safety and environment as applied to engineering operations and seeks to enhance his skills in engineering and management.
- MSc (Oil and Gas Engineering), China University of Petroleum (East China), China, June 2017. Thesis Title: The Experimental Study of In-Situ Generated Carbon Dioxide Foam for Enhanced Oil Recovery (2014 – 2017).
- BSc (Mechanical Engineering), Makerere University, Uganda, May, 2013. Final Year Project Title: Designing Control Software for the Assembly Positioning Mechanism (2012 – 2013).
His current research interests include carbon sequestration in deep rocks, enhanced oil recovery (EOR), improved oil recovery (IOR), climate change mitigation, flow assurance, reservoir simulation, fluid flow in porous media, waste to energy technologies and nanotechnology.
- Hailong Chen, Zhaomin Li, Fei Wang, Aixin Li, Silagi Wanambwa, Teng Lu. Experimental study on the enhanced oil recovery by in situ foam formulation published in Energy Science & Engineering, 2020; 00:1 –12.
- Songyan Li, Chenyu Qiao, Zhaomin Li, Silagi Wanambwa. Properties of carbon dioxide foam stabilized by hydrophilic nanoparticles and hexadecyl trimethyl ammonium bromide published in Energy & Fuels, 2017, 31 (2), 1478 – 1488.
- Fei Wang, Zhaomin Li, Hailong Chen, Qichao Lv, Wanambwa Silagi, Zhuo Chen. Fractal characterization of dynamic structure of foam transport in porous media published in the Journal of Molecular Liquids 241 (2017) 675-683.
- Introduction to Petroleum Engineering
- Applied Geology
- Reservoir Engineering
- Numerical Reservoir Simulation
- Petroleum Production Engineering
- Sedimentology and Stratigraphy
- Petroleum Geology